Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Spiritual Truths & Lesons Animals Teach Us Nov 25 show trascript


Good evening every one this is Saturday evening and you are listening live to The Dream Shaman Radio Show with me your host Anthony Pauly Jr. This program is being streamed live to you from the Radio network. I want to give a great big hello to all of you. Thank you so much for tuning in. And I am excited to bring you this week’s instalment of the show.

And for those of you who celebrated this Thanks Giving Holiday I hope it was a lovely time with your family loved ones and friends. I myself had a wonderful time spending the evening with some good friends here in the North West Green Mountains of Vermont. Some of them may be listening this evening and I just wanted to give a shout out to ya’ll. You know who you are.

Well it is getting cold up here in the northern latitudes and the crisp air is keeping us all in a little more. This is beginning to be the time of year where we find ourselves hibernating and dreaming a lot more. Well at least I do. Like the great Dreaming Bear we will soon be dancing on the windy currents of chilly air and snow covered hillsides with all of the myriad of crystalline water Gems.

There is a lot going on in the world. Some of it according to the news headlines is not so cheery. There seems to be a lot of shifting and challenge in the lives of many out there. The world can be a scary place some days but tonight I plan to bring to you a lighter side of things. I want to move us to a place of genuine thanksgiving and gratitude. I truly believe, that if as many of us found something to be grateful for in life, we would find fewer reasons for conflict. Take that as my weekly bit of advice. Find something, anything to be grateful for each day. You will be surprised how it will change your life.

So getting onto topic,

This week’s show is going to be about the Spiritual Truths & Lessons Animals Teach Us.

The First and most important question that I want you to think about during tonight’s show is this.

(Have you ever learned spiritual truths or lessons from an animal? Any animal at any time in your life?)

And if so what is that lesson and if asked to would you tell the story, or is it something so personal that you would keep it to yourself. If you chose to tell it, could you explain it to someone else? And would you be interested in sharing it with all of us.

Some of the thoughts you may want to consider to clarify this question for yourself are these.

Has an animal, (weather a pet or a wild animal), taught you about humour, gratitude, joy, survival, or courage?
Have you learned the path of self forgiveness, or unconditional love for the animal yourself or for others from an animal?
Has the spirit form or symbolic reference to an animal or multiple animals helped you in your dreams to understand personal truths?

Or has an animal intervened in your life, and in the process of being an involved influence helped to bring healing when you were suffering or when you were in pain?
Has an animal demonstrated loyalty and protected you from danger?
Did this animal sacrifice its life for you?
Have you continued to feel the presence of an animal, which has died?

You can start to see with my questions were I am going with this.
And I am certain that there are many more questions that we could ask ourselves. And I want you to be fully aware that this program is a safe place and I want you to feel absolutely free to do so, because I and so many of the other listeners would love to hear your story.

So my dear listeners, once again do you have any stories like this to tell us?
If so, telling it would be a way of teaching and sharing with this wide and diverse online radio community. Think about it, your story may help someone to understand better an event like yours that happened to them. From my standpoint and I hope that from the standpoint of your fellow listeners, that it would be an amazing and glorious privilege to hear it.

So please do so if you feel called to...... call into the show and tell us your stories.

I am brining this topic to you because this past week I was inspired by a very magical event in my own life. And I’m going to tell you about it in just a moment. But before I do I want to add that in my life there have been three situations with animals that have had great meaning for me.

The first situation was the emergence of fascination with Lepidoptera also known as the Butterflies and Moths. Butterflies have been a part of my life for so very long that I can scarcely think of a period of time when I was not learning about them. I will get more into this in a bit.

The second situation is one that involves honey bees. Many years ago I had a very powerful spiritual dream about the honey bee. It was as far as I am concerned a Medicine Dream. This is a type of dream that is in the higher order of spiritual dreams. It is the type of dream that acts like a road map of one’s life. This one that I had was just that for me.

In the dream I was flying around in the sky when I came across some power lines on very tall towers. They blocked my path but for some reason instead of trying to avoid them I realised I was dreaming and I flew at them intentionally. Flying into them I grabbed hold of them and I was electrocuted. But because I knew it was a dream I held onto the wires until they had no effect on me.

When I let go I started to fly very fast until I was flying East over some swampy land. In the middle of the swamp there was a park and some grassy raised area with a rotted tree stump standing there. I flew into the tree stump and found that there was a hive of honey bees there. I had some instinctive understanding enter me that told me they chose the location because of a magnetic felid that was used by them for navigation. I latter discovered that this was a behaviour and sense that many scientist thought honey bees had. And further more they thought that the magnetic field was used for navigation.

Tying into last week’s show about Lucid Dreaming, Precognition, and cyncronicitys, this was a dream that had all three characteristics. This dream was one of my first real Lucid Dreams and also one of my first Precognitive Dreams.

I had a dream about finding honey bees and power lines. And I was aware that I was dreaming.

My next stamen is a key point about lucid dreaming you will want to remember.

In a dream being lucid or aware of being in the dream, is a symbolic representation of becoming lucid to the reality that this physical realm we live in, is a dream.
It is illusory and some day we must wake up from it and realize that we are in fact dreaming. Becoming enlightened is the act of realising that this reality is a dream. It is a dream that we need not get stuck in. So key point is don’t get stuck in the dream and illusions.

Just a few months ago I had a conversation with my landlord about wanting to raise honey bees. Less than 48 hours later I was wandering around the yard. In a completely absent minded meandering I walked to the side of the wood shop to look at a red tool box. Suddenly I saw all this movement and I heard a humming noise. I looked around the corner and there in the wall of the shop was a honey bee hive. Less than two days after I inadvertently asked Great Spirit for one. Oh and this is where the cyncronisity comes in. There was a set of power lines right over the shop were the hive is, and the land is all swamp like in that part of the property. Also to get to the property you can only go east.

My Dream told me of this day and what I would find. It also told me about how my life would be. I was lucid in the dream and now I am becoming lucid about whom I really am. I am waking up from the dream.

How is this happening in your life?

The third situation is with my beloved former fat yellow cat. I found him in a humane shelter one day and he came to me and practically crawled up my left leg. He and I became great friends and were inseparable. He was a protector and guide for me.

In regards to all of the questions I asked earlier. He taught me all of them. And yes he saved my life and my sanity to some degree. He helped me deal with many a broken heart, and with many years of depression and dark almost suicidal thoughts. I lost him one day due to a collision with him and some car. He was very ill before then and he had a severe intestinal disease. I guess getting hit by the car was faster than a slow death. When he died in 07, he took with him all of those depressed broken hearted parts of myself. I have never really been back to that place since.

That fat yellow cat was my best friend and he was so loving and warm. I could not let myself dishonour his life by feeling self pity. He had given me a gift. His illness and death opened a door for me that a year later I was able to walk through. That door led me to Vermont and to this very night where we are sharing stories. Had he been alive I would not have been able to walk through that door. He gave his life so that I could know freedom and unconditional love.

Just last week I dreamed of him but unlike all of the other dreams he was in a different body. He was gray and white and female. In the dream I knew it was him because he had the intestinal illness. It was a symbolic reference to his last days. Just a few days after that dream on Sunday I decided to go look at kittens at a farm down the street. The first kitten that I saw was one that was just like the female in my dream. She walked right up to me sat at my feet and looked me in the eye. I knew those eyes but I said nothing at the time. Those were the eyes of my beloved friend he had found a new body and he came back to me. And just like he used to when he was in the body of the fat yellow cat he dreamed with me telling me where I could find him when he was lost.

This little girl is a princes and she is haughty and feisty just like him. Most of her behaviours are exactly the way he once acted. The only exception is now he who is a she is very girly. Everything else is the same.

As far as the butterflies they have been in my dreams for years. They have led me to relationships with all of the most significant women of my life. I have dreamed about all of these women before I met them. And with many the butterflies have been in the dreams, also showing me where to go.

Many times I would in my dream ask, “Spirit of the Butterfly show me what you want me to see?” Then it would fly away and following it I would inevitably meet a woman in the dream and she would look and act just like a woman I would meet in real life not to long after.

Butterflies are symbolic of transformation and metamorphosis. It is innocence and trust. It is a very powerful totem and requires a gentle heart before it will be a guide. The butterfly chooses who to help not the other way around. It is representative of the feminine in many ways.


Little Sisters

Blessed are the little butterflies,
who have comforted me and led me home.
Beings with shiny wings who kiss me in my dreams,
and let me rest my head upon their laps.
I will push out of this old world skin of primordial protein chaos.
I will spread my wings.
I am remembering my song.
It is the fluttering of wings,
and the chiming of crystals.
It is the fluttering of my heart when I see the eyes of my lover.
When I am held in her arms,
and she helps me take off my mask.

-Rainbow Bridge
(Anthony Pauly)



My Best Friend is Was Fat Yellow Cat

I woke up one morning and I lay in my bed day dreaming.
The rain on roof was dripping onto the patio creating a staccato drum beat.
I was relaxed and remembering the dream that had awoken me.
I dreamed that I was playing with a large white cat.
He looked like Snow and that was his name.
I had seen him five days before at the shelter.
I couldn’t make up my mind as to whether to take him home with me that day.
Snow had crawled onto my shoulder as if that was the place to rest.
That day five days before he suckled on my ear, begging me to listen to his spirit.
I left him there undecided.
Sadly when I came back he had already been chosen and went home with someone else.
Feeling bad I looked around at all the other feline tenants and wondered.
I stood looking as a fat yellow cat came up to me reached up and placed his paws on my leg.
There he stretched full length and purred.
I knew he was the one and I took him home that day not wanting to lose this one also.
That night as I sat meditating on my floor the fat yellow cat came and curled up in my lap.
He stayed there and in my heart for seven years.
One day I came home from work and found my best friend dying in the dirt.
His body covered in dirt mud and dry grass.
He was so damaged and so broken I could not at first tell what it was that I was seeing.
There in my car the realization hit me.
It was my fat yellow cat.
He had been hit on the road and for some unknown reason he had dragged himself home.
He lay there in pain and loyalty waiting for me before he would die.
Running inside my home I grabbed up a towel to wrap him and keep him warm.
His crying was terrible my touch the only thing that soothed his agony.
I had to drive him to the vet as fast as I could, taking my hand off him to steer the car.
Each time my touch left him he would howl, and my heart would sink.
My best friend left me that day and I was sinking in guilt,
for not being in the emergency room with him.
He was gone and now I had an empty form with no spirit to bury.
Time passed and he came and dreamed with me.
I missed him so much it hurt and he gave me such joy to remember about that fat yellow cat.
Now the other day I dreamed him again but he was gray and white and a girl.
I went out a few days later to the farm up the road.
A small fat grey kitten came up to me and looked me in the eye.
I saw his eyes looking back at me and knew that my friend had come back to me.
I had a little dream and her name is Dream.
She and I dream together just as we always have.

No part of this transcript can be copied or reproduced in any form without expressed written consent from the author Anthony P Pauly Jr.  © 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment